Saturday, March 26, 2011

Food

OK, this may float like a lead balloon, but since I mentioned cooking below, and how much I love it, and how therapeutic I find it, I thought I'd mention some of what I've been cooking lately.  And, if it takes, then I may keep this up.

Since I moved out of the house and into my own apartment, I have made:

  • Shrimp Creole
  • My brother's kick-ass taco salad
  • Mjedderah
  • Red beans and rice
  • Butter pie
  • Steak and Guiness pie
  • Welsh rabbit
  • Jambalya
  • A homemade mac and cheese, with the cheese sauce made with a blend of edam, feta, parmeasan, and Danish blue cheese
  • Quiche
  • Lamb pilaf
  • Homemade pizza
  • And a homemade and rather authentically Italian spaghetti sauce
So, quite a bit of Cajun.  A bit of British cuisine.  Some Middle-Eastern food.  And some other random stuff.   I like keeping it eclectic.

No comments:

Post a Comment